Happy New Year, Readers!
It has been a while since I have posted, as usual. I have the tendency to go without posting for far too long and of course, I would like to change that. I always have good intentions, so we shall see if I get better at consistently blogging.
I don’t like to set resolutions, but I do have some exciting things planned for the new year. I am also a part of a few accountability groups on Instagram to help me stay more consistent at the things I want to do; like yoga and blogging.
So…here are some of the things I have planned (mostly bookish) and am looking forward to in 2019.
-The 10 Book 2 Film Challenge.
- Reading 10 books that have been adapted to film, as well as watching the film (optional for those who are participating)
- Having quarterly giveaways and buddy reads
- Making this into a yearly challenge and expanding
If you are at all interested in joining, I have created a page on Instagram; @10book2film. Come follow me there for all the details and to get started. The fun officially begins today!
-Posting regularly on the blog
- Book reviews twice a month
- Updates for the challenge
- More book related blog posts
-Not buying anymore books (for a while)
- I have a current count of over 800 unread books (ridiculous and it’s 864 to be exact)
- Canceling ALL pre-orders
- Every time I consider purchasing a book, putting the total for the book/books in my savings account
-Do yoga on a regular basis
- I joined the 30 day yoga challenge with Yoga with Adriene (which starts tomorrow)
- I am in an accountability group on Instagam and we are all doing the challenge.
- I need to remind myself that yoga is helpful for so many reason (chronic back pain being my why)
I went through and organized all of my books throughout the weekend and I am ashamed of how many unread books I have (number up above). I scanned them all using the Book Buddy app which is a lifesaver. This app allowed me to add all of my books and create a directory to keep track of all my books, what I read and whatever else I want to track them by.
And of course I have some things I plan to work on personally, because we all tend to have things we could improve. These are not resolutions because I feel that making productive and consistent habits are the best way to make positive changes. Resolutions always tend to come and go-start off strong and crash. Good habits never die…hopefully!
Happy New Year Readers