By Luna Peace
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Disclaimer: I don’t measure ingredients and I always tend to eyeball everything. Video here
1 pound of dried cannellini beans (you can use canned as well)
3 sweet potatoes (I use garnet)
1 bag of frozen kale
1 red or white onion
2 cloves of garlic
½ jar of oil packed sun dried tomatoes
Polenta (I used a box of instant polenta, but any will do)
1 tbsp Fennel seeds
Trader Joes 21 Salute seasoning
Go veggie parm
1. Rinse sweet potatoes, cut off ends and poke holes with a fork. Cook for about 45 minutes on 350.
2. Cook beans if you need to. I cook all my beans in an instant pot because it is quick. If you don’t have the time to cook beans, I suggest using canned.
3. Sautee garlic and onions with about ¼ cup of water.
4. Add spices, herbs, salt and pepper. Cut sundried tomatoes and add to onion and garlic mixture.
5. Add package of frozen kale. Cover and reduce heat to low.
6. Cook polenta based on instructions. I added vegan parm and almond milk to them.
7. Add cooked or canned beans to the kale mixture. Mix and allow to cook on low.
8. Once sweet potatoes are done serve but cutting down the middle, added a spoonful of polenta and top with kale and bean mixture.